Sunday, December 21, 2008

Pre-Flight Check

After giving it much thought, I will be chronicling my experiences as I build my solo law practice. Aside from the cathartic experience of sharing my victories and defeats, I hope this will prove helpful to others who are thinking of flying solo. Lessons will range from building a client base, networking, that all important work/life balance and surviving the current economic times.  On this path, I hope you will learn from my mistakes, discover your own success and enjoy a laugh or two as well.  But as I told my wife long ago: I never promised the jokes would be funny, but there would be lots of them.  Lucky me, she's a good sport.  

So here's to a solo attorney's attempt to build a practice, follow a dream, and provide for my loving and supportive family. The people are real, but the names have been changed to protect the innocent.

No comments:

Post a Comment