Tuesday, January 6, 2009

2009: A New Year with New Possibilities

Happy New Year everyone!  It's taken longer to get back to blogging than I thought it would.  So far, 2009 is off to a good start.  Where December was a relatively quiet month in terms of potential new business, January has been anything but quiet.  And the month has just started!  Although I'm a cautiously cynical optimist, I think that 2009 will be full of new possibilities.  

Late last month and recently, I've been busy researching new ideas for marketing and rainmaking.  Additionally, I've been looking into ways to fully utilize the technology I'm currently using in order to improve client services.  Finally, in light of the current market condition and demand for legal services, I will likely add a third area of practice.  I'll be covering these topics and more over the next few weeks.  

Meanwhile, what do you think 2009 will have in store for the legal profession?  Many are forecasting a tough year that may see more layoffs.  Others see an opportunity to reorganize and diversify legal services in direct response to issues that contributed to, or were spawned by, the current economic climate.  

No comments:

Post a Comment